Jelly jam: the art of preserving fruit
TEA james are a classic way to keep fruits and enjoy it all year round. But have you ever heard of jelly jam? This variation of the classic jam is less common, but just as delicious. In this article, we’ll explore what jelly jam is, how it’s made, and how to use it.
AT jelly jam is a jam made from fruits that contain a lot of natural pectin. Pectin is a substance found in fruit that is used to thicken jams. The most common fruits used to make a goo are apples, quinces and citrus fruits, such as oranges.
The difference between a classic jam and a jelly jam lies in the texture. A classic jam is smooth and thick, while a jelly jam is firmer and has a gelatinous texture. Both forms of jam have the same basic ingredients, but a frozen jam has an extra amount of pectin or it is heated until it becomes a jelly.
Jelly jam is an interesting alternative to traditional jam. Indeed, it offers a more intense taste and a lighter texture. This is why more and more people are turning to frozen jam to enhance their breakfast or snack. The fruits used to make this jam have a more pronounced and sweeter taste. By following a specific recipe, it is easy to make your own jelly jam. The basic ingredients are often the same as those for traditional jam, but the cooking time varies.
The advantages of jelly jam over traditional jam are many. First of all, the texture of the jelly is more pleasant in the mouth, it is lighter and easier to spread on toast. In addition, its setting is faster and more effective than that of traditional jam. Another advantage, jelly jam is often less sweet than traditional jam, which allows you to find the natural taste of the fruit. Finally, frozen jam can be kept longer than traditional jam, which allows you to enjoy this delicious dish for several months.
However, to make the perfect jelly jam, it is important to follow a precise recipe and use quality ingredients. The fruits must be very ripe and fresh to offer an optimal taste. It is also important to measure the sugar and the cooking time in order to obtain a perfect texture. To discover tasty and amazing jelly jam recipes, go to Chef Simon’s website. You will find ideas for all tastes and desires, from raspberry jelly jam to quince jam. So don’t hesitate any longer and begin on the adventure of jelly jam, you won’t be disappointed!
How do you make jelly jam?
To make a jelly jam, you will need:
– Fruit rich in pectin
– Lemon juice
– Some water
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Start by washing and cutting your fruit into pieces, taking care to remove seeds and pits. If using citrus fruits, remove the pulp from the skins.
2. Put the fruit in a saucepan with just enough water to cover it.
3. Cook the fruit over medium heat until it breaks down completely and the mixture is thick.
4. Pass the cooked fruit pulp through a sieve or fine strainer to remove the solids and extract the juice.
5. Measure the amount of juice obtained and add an equal amount of white sugar. Also add a tablespoon of lemon juice per pint of liquid.
6. Heat the mixture until all the sugar is melted. Then, bring it to a boil and let it boil for 10 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and let the jam cool for about 10 minutes. At this point, you can add fruit boosts for more flavor.
8. Pour the still hot jam into sterilized jars and let them cool completely before storing.
How to use frozen jam?
AT jelly jam can be used in many ways. You can use it as a spread on toast, as an ingredient in meat dishes, or even simply as a garnish for desserts. You can also use it to make pastries and cakes that require a thicker, firmer texture of jam.
The best jelly jam brands
There are several brands of jelly jams on the market. Here are some popular brands:
– Good Mom: This brand produces high quality jams with delicious flavors.
– St. Dalfour: This brand focuses on natural ingredients and offers a variety of organic and no added sugar jams.
– Parisian jam: This French brand uses high quality ingredients and offers a wide range of authentic flavors.
Tips for successful jelly jam
– Use seasonal fruits for maximum flavor.
– Do not add too much sugar, as this can prevent the jam from setting and make it too soft.
– Do not add extra water, as this will make the jam thinner.
– Make sure the jars you use to store your jam are clean and germ-free.
Q: How long does jelly jam keep?
A: Once the frozen jam is opened, it can be stored in the refrigerator for about a month.
Q: Can I replace the sugar with a healthier substitute?
A: If you want to avoid sweetening your jam with white sugar, you can use honey or a natural sweetener like stevia. However, be sure to follow the proper conversion instructions as these substitutes have a stronger flavor which may affect the taste of your jam.
In conclusion, the jelly jam is a delicious alternative to classic jam that can be used in many ways. Whether you make it yourself or choose to purchase it, it’s a fruit storage option worth trying.