Fruits of July and August for tasty jams
Preferred fruits for delicious jams
Fruits: Seasonal fruits are the best ingredients for successful jams. In July and August, certain fruits are particularly appreciated for their flavor and their ideal texture for making jams. Here is our selection:
- Quince: Fleshy and fragrant, the quince is an ideal fruit for jams. Slightly acidic, its flavor blends perfectly with sugar and spices.
- Melon: The melon is a fruit full of water and sweet flavors. It is ideal for jams, especially in combination with other fruits.
- Apple: The apple is a versatile fruit that pairs well with a wide variety of other fruits. Its crunchy texture can be an advantage to bring a little contrast to softer fruits.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are delicious and highly fragrant red fruits. They give tangy and slightly bitter jams, which go well with sweeter fruits.
How to make jam with seasonal fruits?
Jams: Jams are a nice and tasty way to enjoy summer fruits. Here are the steps to follow to prepare homemade jams from seasonal fruits:
- Prepare the fruit: wash the fruit and cut it into small pieces if necessary. For some fruits such as raspberries, it is enough to crush them roughly before using them.
- Add the sugar: weigh the fruit and add the same amount of sugar. Add any spices or lemon zest to flavor the jam.
- Cook the fruit: cook the fruit and sugar over low heat until it has a syrupy consistency. It is important to stir regularly to prevent the jam from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Check the cooking: to know if the jam is cooked, do the cold plate test. For a small amount of jam onto a cold plate, if the jam immediately sets, it is done. If not, continue cooking for a few more minutes, then try again.
- Put in jars: sterilize the jars before pouring the jam inside, and turn them over immediately after filling them to ensure good conservation.
The best brands of fruits for jams
Brands: To make delicious jams, it is important to use the best ingredients. Here are the recommended fruit brands for jams:
- Good Mom: This brand has been a classic for French jams for many years. Its jams are prepared with perfectly ripe fruit, carefully selected to guarantee optimal flavor and texture.
- Andros: Andros is another very famous brand for its jams, jellies and marmalades. It offers a wide range of flavors and textures to suit all tastes.
- St-Dalfour: St Dalfour is an organic brand that uses fruit grown without pesticides or harmful chemicals. Its jams are prepared with natural ingredients for an authentic flavor.
Receipts: Seasonal fruits offer so many possibilities to diversify jams. Here are some ideas for original fruit-based recipes:
- Peach Melba: A peach jam blended with raspberries, creating the classic peach melba dessert flavor.
- Pear and vanilla: A pear jam blended with vanilla for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Pineapple and Coconut: A tropical blend with fresh pineapple and grated coconut for an exotic taste.
Fruits are healthy and tasty foods that can be used in many ways. One of the most common ways to consume fruit is in the form of jam. Homemade jams are a great way to enjoy seasonal fruits while maintaining their taste and nutrients. The choice of fruits for making jams is very varied. It is possible to use fruits like apricot, pineapple, peach, nectarine, strawberry, raspberry, cherry, blackberry, plum, damson, rhubarb and many more. Each of these fruits will bring a unique flavor to your jam.
To make homemade jam, it is important to choose ripe, quality fruit. It is also important to wash and dry them thoroughly before using them. The fruits can be cut into pieces or crushed to extract the juice and pulp. Once the fruits are ready, just cook them with sugar and lemon juice. Cooking is an important step in obtaining a successful jam. It must be slow and regular so that the fruits release all their aromas.
Homemade jams are a good way to use up fruits that don’t keep for long. In addition, they are an excellent alternative to industrial jams, which are rich in sugar and preservatives. Fruits contain vitamins and antioxidants that are important for health. Fruits also help keep the body hydrated, which is necessary for good health. To conclude, fruit jam is a delicious and creative recipe idea for all seasons. So don’t hesitate to try the different fruits and fruit-based recipes on the website www.lesfruitsetlegumesfrais.com.
Q: How long do the jams keep?
AT: If sterilized properly, jams can be stored for up to a year in a cool, dark, dry place.
Q: Should you use fresh fruit or frozen fruit to make jam?
AT: Fresh fruit is best for making jam, as it has a stronger texture and flavor. However, frozen fruit can be used if fresh fruit is not available.
Quote: “Jam is a product that allows you to prolong the pleasure of the season and to rediscover fruits when they are no longer available.” – Angelique Roussel, chef.
|Fruits of July||august fruits|
In conclusion, the seasonal fruits of July and August offer many options for jams. With recommended brands, original recipes, and preparation tips, you can make tasty jams that you can enjoy long after the season is over.
Making jams is a fun activity to spend time in the kitchen. Fruit is the basis of these delicious delicacies that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. But not all fruits are suitable for making jams. This is why it is important to choose the right fruit to obtain a quality preparation. Notretemps.com published an article on “7 exquisite fruits for your jams and jellies”.
The first fruit highlighted is the raspberry, which is easy to find on market stalls. It is appreciated for its sweet and sour taste. Then comes the fig which is ideal for a vanilla flavored jam. Plum is also a good choice for its juicy and sweet flesh. Currant is recommended if you want to add a touch of acidity to your jam. However, it is advisable to add a little sugar to balance the flavors.
Quince is suitable for making jellies and fruit jellies. This fruit requires a bit of patience as it takes a long time to cook. The mirabelle plum is also a good option for its sweet and fragrant flesh. Finally, the last fruit mentioned in the article is the pear. This fruit can be associated with vanilla to obtain a delicious jam.
In conclusion, to make succulent jams, it is essential to choose the right fruits. Whether it is raspberry, fig, plum or gooseberry, each has its particularities. Thanks to notretemps.com, you can find the advice you need to make jams that will delight your taste buds. So, to your pots and bon appetit!